1. Be sure to download our latest PATCH:
Patch-8.MPQ - Required - (11.4 MB) - If you want to play without Cata/MoP displays, just WoTLK (custom)content, download this patch -
MIRROR 1 - https://mega.nz/#!6wMG0IZb!HBjE-Ik2StVdBntGjNFHTum0KEZfQDX3DViHEScP_Ms
MIRROR 2 - Soon
Patch-8.MPQ - Should look like this:
Patch-4.MPQ - (~ 1.7 GB - Cata/MoP/WoD content) - Optional -
MIRROR 1 - Download
MIRROR 2 - https://goo.gl/Kik1jt
NOTE: Please choose between these two combinations and place it into your Data folder. Also, don't forget that you cannot have other custom patches (.mpq ones) except retail ones and our (OblivionWoW's) one.
Having problems displaying the items, though you have our patches?
Take a look at our tutorials: http://forum.oblivion-gaming.com/index.php?/forum/20-tutorials-guides/
2. You must create an account. Don't forget to read our ToS (http://www.oblivion-wow.com/page/tos ) before registering. The account is used to log into both the game and our website. Click here to open the registration page.
3. Install World of Warcraft.
3a. Download and Install uTorrent found here.
3b. Go here., and save the file. Then, double left click on the file you downloaded, wait a few seconds until uTorrent launches and load the file into it.
3c. Alternate Mirrors for the .torrent download :
3d. Wait until uTorrent reports that the file is completely downloaded.
First of all, you will need the WOTLK client. This file has a downloader for all WOW clients - make sure you select "Wrath of the Lich King". (Don't let it patch though - see below)World of Warcraft Full Mac Install Client - Big Download
Once the installation is complete, the launcher will attempt to patch. You MUST
abort this patch, as 4.x.x is not supported on Oblivion. For future reference, always start WoW with the World of Warcraft.app file.
Next, you will need to patch your client to 3.3.5a. Download and install the following patches, in order of posting (you only need one of each patch, multiple mirrors are listed).
If a link is broken, you can find alternate mirrors here
All you need to do is run the updater file included with the patch. If it will not run, see notes at the end of this guide. After each patch is completed, DO NOT let the auto update patch to 4.0
- abort it immediately.3.2.0Macgamefiles.com: World of Warcraft (Universal Patch)The Patches Scrolls - Patches3.2.0aMacgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.2.2Macgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.2.2aMacgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.3.0Macgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftGames On Net File Library :: World of Warcraft - Patch 184.108.40.20605 to 220.127.116.1158 enUS OS X - WoW-18.104.22.16805-to-22.214.171.12458-enUS-patch.app.zipThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.3.0aMacgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.3.2Macgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftGames On Net File Library :: World of Warcraft Patch 3.3.0a to 3.3.2 - Mac USA/AUS - WoW-126.96.36.19959-to-188.8.131.5203-enUS-patch.app.zipThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.3.3Macgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftGames On Net File Library :: World of Warcraft: Client Patch v3.3.2 to v3.3.3 for Mac OS X - US/AU - WoW-184.108.40.20603-to-220.127.116.1185-enUS-patch.app.zipThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.3.3aMacgamefiles.com: World of WarcraftThe Patches Scrolls - Patches3.3.52shared - download WoW-18.104.22.16823-to-22.214.171.12413-enUS-patch.appThe Patches Scrolls - Patches
(See notes if broken)3.3.5a2shared - download WoW-126.96.36.19913-to-188.8.131.5240-enUS-patch.appThe Patches Scrolls - Patches
(See notes if broken)
Next, you need to set your realmlist to use the Oblivion server. The file is located in /Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/enUS/realmlist.wtf. Right or control click this file, go to the "Open With..." option, and select "Other". It will open your Applications folder. Select "TextEdit" then "Open".
Select everything in this file (command-a), and paste:
set realmlist play.oblivion-wow.com
Alternatively, you may delete the realmlist file and replace it with this pre-set file:realmlist.wtf
Save, and close the file. You can now open "World of Warcraft.app" and logon using your username and password (not
a). Some patches may download fine, but won't open when double-clicked. The problem is that they don't give you permission to execute the file. You can fix this by doing the following:
1. Right/control click the patch file and select "Show package contents"
1a. If you see the real patch file now, run that. Otherwise..
2. Go to /contents/MacOS/ and you should see a file called "installer"
3. Open Terminal (/applications/utilities)
4. In terminal, type "chmod 777 " but do not enter (you must be on an administrator's account, also note space after the 777)
5. Drag the "installer" file to terminal. The path of the file should be entered into terminal.
6. Press enter in terminal
7. Open the original patch file
b) If you recieve error #8 while patching,
Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "/Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/enUS/backup-enUS.MPQ". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at /--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM...
Try deleting the file "Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/enUS/backup-enUS.MPQ", rebooting then patching again.
4. Open up the "World of Warcraft" directory. The default directory is "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft". When you've found it, open up the directory called "data", then go into the directory called either enUS or enGB, depending on your client language.
5. Open up the file called "realmlist.wtf" with a text editor such as Notepad. To do this, you must right click on the file and choose properties, then select notepad as the default software for files with the ".wtf" ending. You may also just start the text editor and drag the file into the edit window.
6. Erase all text and change it to:
set realmlist play.oblivion-wow.com
set realmlist play.wowflare.net
You may now start playing! If you need any help, do not hesitate to create a support ticket.